Friday, November 28, 2008

A Week Of Blissful Blessings

You all know by now that I live by myself and things around here are pretty blase. I left my home on Saturday to go spend the week with my baby sister, Kim, her wonderful husband, her four children and my mother. My nieces and nephews range in age from 11 months to 11 years old. Wow!!!! I only managed to have one child. The week started out with trying to go to bed on Saturday night with an 11 month old screaming her lungs out for several hours. Her mother was exhausted and nothing we did for her seem to help. (She had an earache, but not being able to talk yet makes it difficult to know what is wrong) The next morning, Sunday, was pretty chaotic with all of us getting ready for church and getting there on time. Thank you so much to their church family for always praying for me and making me a part of their service. Then came Monday that seemed to go by rather quickly after the making of cheese biscuits with the help of Ryan and Caroline. Kim took Gracie to the doctor and came back with a diagnosis of ear infection. Ah-ha,at last we know what is causing her to be so fussy. Tuesday morning began with a bang as I took one of my famous falls coming out of the bathroom and let out a loud yelp that scared Kim and mother. All I could do was lay there and laugh. They didn't find the humor in it like I did. Then came Thursday very quickly. I had ask three of Kim's friends and their children over to make Pilgrim Hat Cookies. There were approximately 16+ children there, but lots of fun. Friday was a busy day for preparing and planning our Sunday meal. We had our Thanksgiving meal on Sunday because my brother and his wife came down from St. Louis. Ryan and Caroline helped with prepping the turkey for brining on Friday. I ended up falling again and just rolled around on the floor laughing for a while. I guess if I ever break something it won't be so funny. This was my first time ever to cook a turkey, as that was always mother's job. It turned out very moist and all the trimmings to go with it were equally as good. Even if I do say so myself. TOOT-TOOT MY OWN HORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, that was a long post.

Aunt Paula

No comments: