Sunday, October 19, 2008

Feeding The Squirrels and Birds

Who would have thought that doing something like feed the squirrels and birds would bring such joy into my life. My sister dug a box, probably 5 to 10 lbs of pecans, from her freezer and brought them to the cook. It turns out that they were not fit to cook with after two years in a deep freezer in a cardboard box. I have had the best time cracking those pecans and throwing them in the yard for the squirrels and birds. If I had not suffered the stroke, I most likely would not be going at a slow enough pace in life to "stop and smell the roses," so to say. I just love watching God's creatures doing what comes natural to them this time of the year. I have still yet to figure out how the squirrels get into acorns and nuts that have not been cracked for them.

If anyone out there knows, pleas reply.

The simple things in life are grand. All of them are God's creations.

God Bless...................................Aunt Paula

No comments: