Monday, October 27, 2008

Mother's Permanent Wave

We normally take mother to the hair salon for her perms, but she and we decided to save money and do this ourselves. Mother was convinced that Dianne and I could accomplish this task. Mother was a beautician way back when body waves were not something you gave, it always had to be a really kinky curl or none at all. I was so glad when I was old enough to go to a salon to get my body waves, as mother usually burned my hair leaving it up too long and rolling it on too small of rods. Back to yesterday's happenings. This was Dianne's first time at wrapping a perm. Not a good experience because the perm rods and end paper have been in the attic for about 7+- years and the rubber was dry rotted on the rods. As Dianne would get one curl rooled, another would break and fallout. It was really quite comical. We began the process about 2:30 pm and finished about 5:30 pm. We will probably all pitch in and make sure she gets her next perm at the hair salon. We really do have alot of fun when we're all together like that.
I guess that's what girls do best, visit, laugh and talk.

Aunt Paula

No comments: