Sunday, December 7, 2008

Listening To Christmas Music

I sit here listening to a CD I bought last year, Josh Groban - Noel. As I listened to him sing Little Drummer Boy, I realized I don't even have a drum to play for the king. I don't have anthing to offer him, with the exception of my prayers and heart.

With each day that gets closer to Dec. 17, I find myself becoming more depressed. I want to cry and cry and cry some more, but the tears won't come. All I can do is talk out loud to my daddy as though he is in the same room with me.

We should all deeply love and cherish every moment we have to spend with our parents while they are here with us on earth.

Merry Christmas..........................................................Aunt Paula

P.S. - I must say that after a day of listening to my Christmas favorites and one filled with many happy memories of my daddy and probably just as many tears,I do feel better. As we approach the Christmas Eve tradition of exchanging gifts with family, I am saddened that the year caught me without anything to spend on my nieces and nephews. I know it is not about the gifts, but I also don't want to go down in history as an old prude. I do know that they know my heart and they all have a precious piece of it each of their own.

I love you children..........Aunt Paula

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Paula,
I like your new background!
We will try to come by this week.
I will pray for you as you are missing your Dad so much this season.
Love ya,
Amy